Monday, October 19, 2009

Motherhood a type and shadow of Christ?

Here are my ideas that I would like anyone to comment on.  I'm thinking through a seminar that the Stake RS will give during ward conference and I want to be sure I am theologically sound:

Motherhood is a type and shadow of Christ.
1.  Christ is the creator of the earth on which life could form.
      It is through a mother's globe (womb) that individual creation happens
2.  Christ delivers us through his own blood and water
     It is through a woman's own blood and water that a child is delivered.
3.  Christ is the living waters
     It is through the living milk of mothers that a baby is best nurtured
3.  God is love.  
      I've heard it said that motherly love is closest to Godly love.
4.  Christ uses motherly images in describing his role  "As a hen gathers her chicks"
5.  Christ was rejected by his own
     The mother role is  the role that is most often "despised and rejected" by its own
6.  A  mother "is as happy as her saddest child"
     Christ's atonement was individual and personal.

1 comment:

  1. I really like all those ideas. This is something I've never thought of. Super interesting (and tender). I'm going to keep thinking about it. If I come up with anything I'll let you know. I'm so glad you have a blog!

    ReplyDelete